Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome to Beaded Head 2 Toe!
I started making hats about seven years ago for a friend that had alopecia (an autoimmune disease in which patients lose their hair). The hats were so cute and comfy that people often asked where she got them. After coming up with a new and even cuter style hat I decided that I just couldn't keep it to myself. My mom suggested that I make the matching socks (thanks Mom). The scrunchies were a last minute addition. I do have another really cute item in mind but you will have to check back every now and then to see what it is. The items are all made with Bernats Baby Coordinates yarn for a nice soft feel. The beads and pearls are plastic. Beads and pearls are very secure but do keep an eye on small children as an added safety measure.Items come from a smoke free home. If you don't find the right color combination to match your outfit just send me an email and I will see what I can do though I am limited by the colors of yarn and beads available. The hats you see are a size small and fit a child from about two to six years. I can make them smaller or larger if needed.My teenage daughter wants one in blue! The socks are size 4 to 61/2. I can make larger or smaller ones if requested. The scrunchies are made with a thick hair elastic so they may be too heavy for finer hair. Take a look at my blog and if you like what you see please feel free to share it with a friend. Enjoy!